Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
Security of Personal Information
The security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in conformity to international best practice. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
IFS Online Privacy Statement
Our Online Privacy Statement describes how we may collect, use and share information you provide when you visit this website, receive our emails or interact with advertisements we have on third-party websites.
Our Online Privacy Statement does not cover:
- Information collected and used on IFS social media sites.
- Information collected on websites of IFS affiliates.
- Information you provide to the websites we advertise on and may link to.
The Information We Collect
We collect two types of online information: non-personal and personal.
When you visit our site, we may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. In addition, we gather information such as what browser and which version of it you’re using, the type of operating system you have, and which site you came from. This information helps us provide an online experience that matches your device.
It’s important to note that cookies and pixel tags do not capture any information that can personally identify you. The information they gather helps us improve your online experience and may include:
- Your response to one of our emails.
- Time and duration of your visit to our site.
- Pages you viewed while on our site.
In addition to the information described in the previous section, we may also gather personal information that you provide to us such as your name, address, phone number, and email. Collecting this personal information enables us to offer you online experiences that help you with your information needs. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- Send a message from our Contacts page.
- Applying to donate to IFS.
How We Use the Information We Collect
IFS uses the information we collect about and from you to manage our business and to offer an enhanced, personalized online experience on our site.
The information we collect allows us to:
- Recognize you when you return to our site so we can personalize your experience
- Process applications and requests
- Respond to your requests
- Provide you relevant product and service offers on our site and in other advertising
You can control whether to accept cookies or not. If you decide to not accept cookies, some features and services on our site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your IFS account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can:
- Change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it.
- Set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies.
The www.ifsghana.org website is managed by Sci-Fi Web Technologies. The web site enables online access to information on IFS’s research, publications, company news and events, Governing Council etc. This disclosure does not address how information is handled by or the policy of any other affiliate or third party site that may be linked to ifsghana.org